UNICON 2023 Overview
The 2 day conference serves to unite both local and international student entrepreneurs, local start-ups, angel investors and venture capitalists. Each year, outstanding young entrepreneurs from across Asia are gathered, challenged and inspired through our activities line-up. UNICON is organized by NUS Entrepreneurship Society with support from NUS Enterprise.
Last year, UNICON 2022 saw over 600+ participants from over 12 countries across Asia, including 30+ speakers from leading companies such as Google, Microsoft, Canva, Antler, Quest Ventures and Vertex Ventures. In additional, over 10 top startups across Asia pitch their business to represent Asia in the world’s largest student-led pitching competition, TigerLaunch.
Key highlights of the conference include: Keynote speech, panel discussions, masterclasses, fireside chats, UNICON Arena x TigerLaunch Pitching Competition and Startup Booth Showcase (NEW ADDITION!).
Guest of Honour: Mr. Alvin Tan, Minister of State for the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth, and the Ministry of Trade & Industry. Previously Head of Public Policy & Economics for the Asia Pacific at LinkedIn, Head of Public Policy and Trust and Safety at Facebook, and Vice President & Executive Director (Asia-Pacific) at Goldman Sachs.
UNICON 2023 Speakers line-up *more to be confirmed*
- Ming Maa, President (Grab)
- Carmen Yuen, General Partner (Vertex Ventures)
- Caecilia Chu, CEO/Cofounder (YouTrip)
- Dhruv Aurora, CEO/Founder (Syfe)
- Gavin Chia, Managing Director (Moomoo)
- Serene Cai, Cofounder (Speedoc)
- Alfie Othman, CEO (raiSE)
- Victor Zhu, CEO (hatch)
- Jana Marlé-Zizková, CEO (Meiro & She loves Data)
- Veerappan Swaminathan, CEO (Sustainable Living Lab)
- Helge Muenkel, Group Chief Sustainability Officer (DBS Bank)
- Esther An, Group Chief Sustainability Officer (City Development Limited)
- Shayan Hazir, Chief Digital Officer (HSBC)
- Ashok Venkateswaran, VP of Digital Assets (Mastercard)
- Chua Ee Chien, Director, BD & Partnerships (Endowus)
- Royston Chan, Investments (White Venture Capital)
Venture Capitalist (VC) Judges *more to be confirmed*
- Puiyan Leung, Partner (Vertex Ventures SE Asia & India)
- Winnie Thoo, Partner (Antler)
- Justin Hall, Partner (Golden Gate Ventures)
- Will Klippgen, Managing Partner (Cocoon Capital)
- Dan Chong, Managing Director (Gobi)
For UNICON 2023 participants
Your ticket includes:
- Access to the full weekend long program (UNICON main stage, UNICON Arena, UNICON Startup Booth showcase)
- Light refreshments (which may or may not contain unicorn drinks)
- Welcome pack from us and our sponsors (limited edition UNICON 2023 shirt, tote bag, lanyard and many more!!!) worth over $20!! Limited to first 350 participants*
- An opportunity to expand your network globally and make friends with Asia’s brightest entrepreneurial minds & fellow student entrepreneurs
- Learn from over 20+ industry experts and CEO/founders through specially curated panel discussion, fireside chats and masterclasses
- Experience the thrill of watching 10 finalist team pitch in real life in the Asia round of the world’s largest student-run pitching competition, TigerLaunch and walk away with attractive prizes!
- Network with over 15+ (student) startup founders at the Startup Exhibition booths space & watch them share their business during allocated time slots
- A unique opportunity to network with 5 partner-level venture capitalist at the UNICON Arena X TigerLaunch pitching competition
- For junior college & polytechnic & ITE students, proof of student status (student ID card with a visible expiration date or enrolment document) is required at the registration booth
- For student matriculating in university in AY 23/24, proof of admission (matriculation letter or enrolment document) is required at the registration booth
- For undergraduates & post-graduates, proof of student status (student ID card with a visible expiration date or enrolment document) is required at the registration booth
- For international students, proof of student status (student ID card or enrolment document) is required at the registration booth
For Startup Booth Exhibitors
Benefits for (Student founder) Startup Exhibition Booths:
- Exhibition booth space to showcase your products/services (BOTH DAYS)
- Network with fellow student founders via an exclusive group chat for exhibitors
- Exhibitors’s Welcome pack (including limited edition UNICON 2023 shirt, tote bag, lanyard and many more!!!) worth over $40!! Limited to first 350 participants*
- Exclusive opportunity to present your business through Main Stage of Startup Exhibition Booths space for 6 mins, in front of all the startup booth exhibitors
- Post-event publicity through UNICON 2023 social media platforms (>6.5k followers)
- Complimentary access to 2 tickets of UNICON 2023 (Worth $80)
T&C for Startup Exhibition Booths
Due to limited booths space, booth space is based on first-come first-serve basis.
However, priority will be given to startups owned by student founders/recently graduated in the past 3 years, and owns a business in the relevant space. (E.g. Fintech, Tech, Sustainability, Social Enterprise, Web3, Cryptocurrency)
In the event where booth space are fully booked, 100% refund will be made. After purchasing the tickets, you will receive an email on your booth status 3 weeks before event (6 Jan 2023).
Strictly no sale of food/drinks is allowed. However, we strongly encourage the display or giving of sample products to UNICON participants.
No refunds will be granted within 30 days of the event. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
For more details and schedule, visit https://www.unicon2023.com
Questions? Press & Sponsorship inquiries? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About our Society
UNICON is NUS Entrepreneurship Society (NES)’s flagship event Asia’s largest & craziest student-led Tech & Entrepreneurship conference, happening from 27 – 28 Jan 2023!
Founded in 1992, NES is the premier tertiary entrepreneurship organization in Singapore.
NES promotes entrepreneurship at the National University of Singapore (NUS) to empower the next generation of entrepreneurs. We work with passionate students, prominent professors, and our ensemble of partners to drive innovation and entrepreneurship.
For more info:
Please visit our website https://www.unicon2023.com for more info.
Remember to follow us on our social media for more updates and info!
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries.